All Central Coast state and private high schools will be asked to nominate one Year 11 Business Studies student to participate in the YES Program.
What is the nominated student required to submit?
- A typed business plan (4-10 A4 pages) submitted in PDF format
- A personal profile (250 - 300 words) submitted in PDF format
- A letter of permission signed by the student's parent/guardian
What must the business plan include?
- Business goals (including target market)
- Product or service description
- How the business is to operate
- Who will be needed to run the business
- How the business will be marketed
What are the key features we look for?
- Originality and creativity
- Clarity and relevance
- The student's ability to pitch their idea to an audience
- A demonstrated understanding of the workings of a business
- Passion, integrity and commitment
What happens next?
Advise your intention to nominate a student from your school to participate in the 2019 YES Awards by 20 September, 2019. To RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the YES Awards coordinator, Phaedra Pym, on 0438 684 689.
Submissions must be received by 27 September 2019.
Five finalists will be selected and invited to pitch their business idea to Wild Fig members, the YES Awards Judging Panel and guests at the YES Awards finals on Thursday, November 21 at The Japanese Gardens, East Gosford.
Each finalist will have 3 minutes to pitch their idea followed by 3 minutes of Q & A. The winner and runners up will be presented with their prizes at the breakfast.
Further notifications will be posted to our Facebook page so Like our page and keep a look out for those updates.